Saturday, 17 November 2012

iBanding

Just a short blog post today.

Earlier this year in my ICT class we looked at some videos of digitally created music (using iPads and iPod Touches).

This video came up on my news feed and I wanted to share it with you all:



Neat, eh?  Now, of course this could never replace traditional music making in the band room, but it is certainly a great way to incorporate technology into music.  I like this particular video because the music is more authentic.  The sounds are not too fake sounding (apart from the little robot man...but everyone loves him!).  I think it would be super neat to do an iBand with my classroom sometime in the future (provided that kind of funding/technology is available).  This kind of musiking opens up a whole new world of instrumentation and sounds to the students that they would otherwise not experience in the traditional band set-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment