As I wrote last week, I am giving Twitter another try. I'm still not sold, but I'm giving it a shot.
As part of the test-drive, I was instructed to follow a particular "list" of people. I found the list easily enough and clicked subscribe. However, apparently that does not mean those people will all show up in your regular newsfeed. Lame. If I want to see updates from that list, I have to add a few more clicks to my Twitter visit to do so. (First-World Problems...I know.) This irritates me.
This problem led me to HootSuite - a website allowing you to create a dashboard of sorts to organize what Twitter has to offer. You can create lists of things - your basic newsfeed, particular hashtags, lists of people, and post in which you've be mentioned. As well, you can import feeds from a variety of other social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, Foursquare, and MySpace (who uses that anymore?).
I like HootSuite because it allows me to see all my Twitter "stuff" all at once, with one click. However, it is unfortunate that I couldn't just do this on Twitter itself instead of creating yet another online account. I can definitely see the value of a service like this though for avid Twitter users who follow a lot of people and are interested to see how their own Tweets are being received/shared with others. All in all, HootSuite is a worthwhile website and does the job well, I just wish it wasn't necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment